Been hitting u
p the Kezar track for some speed work on Tuesday nights this year. Well, apparently every runner in San Francisco had the same idea. You know the track is crowded when you're doing a recovery lap and a herd of 30 runners engulf you like an amoeba.
I might need to find a new venue because my competitive spirit has been taking over...
"So, how did you get injured?"
"Oh, I was trying to keep up with a 22 year old girl who was sprinting while I'm trying to do 800's."
My wife was kind enough to join me and provide some company and encouragement. Well that is when she wasn't distracted by the shirtless young boys. Really? It's night time and 50 degrees. Is going sans dri-fit really necessary?
And the capper at Kezar occurred when I took my shoes off for a cool down on the grass, a tradition I've led since high school. Apparently the team in training, track team, soccer team, triathlon club and even the bootcamp all got the same idea. I guess the memo went out regarding barefoot running. That's great, but really right when I decide to drop the Brooks off?
So, can anyone locate a new track to help keep my sanity? Maybe a large backyard that I can measure out and chalk lanes? I promise no spikes.
'desparately seeking open lanes
I would like to volunteer our yard, although it has no more than 4' of continuous horizontal area, even though it is 50' deep. You see, I live in Bag End, and we are built into a hill. We are not oft running, except to the keg, but if thousands of 4' loops are your thing, well then.
ReplyDelete